Love where you live
When choosing your new home, it’s so important to make sure you will love where you live, not just during the honeymoon phase, but in years to come. There are lots of things to think about, like making sure you love the location, your home ticks all your must have boxes and you have everything you need close by. It may also be good to look ahead to the future and consider what you may need from your home and the location in a few years’ time.
Take a look at our top tips for making sure you love where you live:
1. Choose the location that’s right for you. If you’re looking in a new area, it’s important to do your research. Here’s a few things to think about.
- Are there nice walks, parks or green spaces nearby?
- Do you want to live by the sea, a village, town or city centre location?
- Do you want to be close to good nightlife?
- What are the transport links like?
2. What local amenities do you need?
- Where’s the closest shop?
- What are the schools like in the area?
- If you commute, can you get to work easily?
- Would you benefit from pubs and restaurants nearby?
3. What are your ‘must haves’ in your new home? Remember it’s important to be realistic about what you can afford, so that swimming pool may have to stay off the list for now. Here’s some ideas to get you started.
- What type of home are you looking for - a house or an apartment?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- Do you need space to work from home?
- Do you need an open-plan kitchen diner or a separate kitchen?
- Do you need parking?
4. Where will you be in five to 10 years’ time? You may need to consider other factors when looking to move.
- If you’re thinking of a career change, are there good job opportunities nearby?
- You may be planning to start a family, so what are the schools like and is the home you’re buying big enough?
- Are you looking to get a pet in the future? Is there space?
With so much to consider when buying a home it's not surprising it can be hard to choose ‘the one’. You often have to balance your needs and your budget to find a home that ticks the most boxes for you.
Want to love where you live? We’ve a range of homes available to suit all lifestyles in different locations.