The Help to Buy: Equity Loan has now ended. Missed out? No problem. We can still help you buy your new home. Take a look at our range of Shared Ownership homes across the south and south west.
Find your new home today
This government scheme is designed to help first-time buyers who are struggling to save for a deposit for their first home. The scheme is available on new build homes only, up to a maximum purchase price of £437,600 in the south east of England.
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Once you’ve found and chosen your dream home, you’re ready to pay your reservation fee.
- Speak to an Independent Mortgage Advisor (IMA) who can help you through the pre-qualification process. If you are eligible for the scheme, you can borrow up to 20% of the purchase price from the government, interest free for the first five years^.
- You’ll need to provide a 5% deposit*, which is based on the full price of your new home. Your deposit combined with the government loan will give you a 25% deposit to get your mortgage.
- Next, get your 75% mortgage from any lender working with the scheme.
- Congratulations! You now own 100% of your new home.
^For full details on repaying the Help to Buy: Equity Loan, visit ownyourhome.gov.uk
*Your home is at risk of repossession if you do not keep up with repayments on your mortgage or other loan(s) secured on it. Eligibility and affordability criteria apply to the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme.