Shared Ownership is designed for people who can’t afford to buy a home to suit their needs on the open market. Some local authorities also request a ‘local connection’. This means that you must currently live in, near or have a connection with the area the home is located. We highlight on our property pages when a local connection is needed, but if you’re unsure just ask us for more details, we’re happy to help answer any questions.
Shared Ownership criteria:
- you must be aged 18 or over
- your annual household income must be less than £80,000 (£90,000 if you're in London)
- you should be a first-time buyer or if you do already own a home, you must be in the process of selling it.
I've found a Shared Ownership home I like, what's next?
If you're interested in buying a home with Shared Ownership, you'll need to:
- register your interest on our website for the property you like
- one of our Sales Executives will then be in touch to discuss the next steps. This will include speaking to our nominated Independent Mortgage Advisor for a free assessment and to discuss potential monthly payments and mortgage options
- register with a Help to Buy agent in the area you want to live. For our homes this is the Help to Buy Agent for the South.